Canon Pixma G1220 Printer Offline – The error “My Canon Pixma G1220 printer is offline” is the topic of this article. As you’ll see below, we’ve broken down the most common causes of this offline error and addressed them one by one. In addition, we’ve included detailed instructions for a speedy recovery on both Mac OS and Windows.
The best way to resolve the “Canon Pixma G1220 printer is Offline” issue on Windows 11, 10
‘Canon Pixma G1220 offline’ may appear on Windows 11 and 10, so first, make sure you’ve ruled out a simple connection problem. Hence, check the power and connection to your printer and whether or not it is wired or wireless.
Step 1: Click the “Set as Default” button on your Canon Pixma G1220 printer.
A Canon Pixma G1220 printer offline error may appear if the computer settings are incorrect. Because of this, you should double-check the “Default printer” setting in Windows 11 or 10.
Here’s how to make Canon’s default settings for your printer:
- Using Windows Search, open the Control Panel, and then navigate to the “Devices and Printers” section.
- When a list of available printers appears, select your Canon machine from the menu and then click “set as default” from the context menu. A green checkmark will appear next to your printer after you’ve made it your default.
Step 2: Turned Off “Use Printer Offline”
To prevent Canon Pixma G1220 Offline messages from appearing, please follow the procedures below.
- Then, use the Windows search box to access the run box, and then restart your printer.
- The next step is to launch the system settings and go to the ‘Device and Printers’ menu.
- Then, the Canon printer that you just set up will appear on the screen.
- Click the printer’s icon, and then select the “See what’s printing” menu item if the printer’s status bar shows a green checkmark.
- If, however, your printer is greyed out, you can select the “Set as default printer” option by right-clicking on it. Have a look at the picture below.
- If you see two checkmarks next to the option to “use canon printer offline” or “Pause Printing,” you can easily bring your printer back online from offline mode by clicking on the printer option and then unchecking the appropriate boxes.