How to fix HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 offline to Online?
My HP Officejet Pro is offline, How do I get it back online. There could be several factors responsible for the occurrence of HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer offline issue. Don’t worry just follow the easy steps given below will help you resolve it effortlessly.
HP Envy 7155 – Manually Configure the Default Printer
If you are a Windows 10 user, the instructions following should be followed. If you are using Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, you may jump forward to the section that describes how to configure the default printer for your operating system.
Microsoft Windows 10
- To begin, search your Windows 10 system for devices and pick “Printers and Scanners” from the list of results.
- Following that, verify that the checkbox next to “Let Windows control my Default Printer” is not selected. Uncheck the box if it is checked.
- The screen will provide a list of available printers. Select the printer’s name and then click the Manage option.
- If you see that the list has many devices, choose the name that has idle next to it and then select Manage.
- Following that, under the Manage option, designate your printer as the default printer.
- If your printer remains offline after completing all of these procedures, continue reading for instructions on how to reset your printer.
Windows 7 and 8
To begin, do a device and printer search on your system. Then, right-click the printer’s name and choose Set as Default Printer. Following that, attempt to print the document. If the HP Envy 7155 Printer Offline problem continues, go to the next instruction.
HP Envy 7155 – USB Connection Troubleshooting
- To begin, turn off the printer and computer and unplug the printer’s USB wire.
- After that, visually check the cable for damage. If the cable is damaged, it should be replaced.
- Following that, verify that the cable is longer than 3m. If the cable is more than 3m, get a much shorter cable.
- After that, verify that the port is USB 2.0 or above. If you’re using a USB hub, unplug the cable from the hub and attach it straight to the printer.
- Following that, verify that the wire is correctly attached to both ports. Finally, turn on the computer and wait for the startup process to finish.
HP Envy 7155 Printer Reset
If the methods above do not resolve the HP Envy 7155 Printer Offline problem, go to the procedures below.
To begin, turn off your printer and unplug the power cable from the machine’s back.
Then, unplug the wall outlet’s power cable.
After that, allow the printer to rest for about one minute.
Connect the printer’s power wire to the wall socket and turn on the printer.
Reprint the document after turning on your printer.
HP Envy 7155 – Printer Connection Troubleshooting
If you are unable to resolve the HP Printer offline difficulties, you may troubleshoot them using the following easy procedures. You may access the troubleshooting procedures by logging onto the official HP website.
- Turn on all the computer device which is connected to your printer. In this step, You don’t need to turn on the printer.
- Now Go to Start menu and select “Drivers and Printers” from the options list.
- Select the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer from the list by clicking on the printers icon.
- There You will see the Offline status. You have to simply Click on Offline and select Printer option.
- Now, undo the use printer offline option from the printer list.
- These are the simple trick that how you can get your printer back to the online mode but another concern issues impact that deserves all limelight is ” that how to check the issues from happening again and again to your printer.”
Windows Related Help:
How to Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer is Offline on Windows 10, 8, 7
How to Fix Issue hp officejet pro 6978 keeps going offline Status Error on Windows Computers
How to Get HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Offline to Online on Windows 10
There are few simple trip and trick which are necessary to resolve issues are given below which will help you to avoid this issues from “HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is offline” for a long time.
- First, Restart your printer, by switching your printer in an offline mood and let it turn on again. and keep the printer off for a few minutes that help to reboot properly.
- Check out the network issues cause network connectivity plays an important role to get to access printer online. So, make sure that your all device are connected properly to the printer.
- And at the back side of the printer, you will see a green light which shows the connectivity status that printer is connected properly.
- Be sure the user account you are using for your computing printer device must have the “Manage printer” rights priority.
- Now move on to download all latest version drivers for your device with visiting the official website.
- Apart from the above-mentioned, and with these trick and rule, you can troubleshoot the issues which are preventing an error to connect your printer to your device.
These troubleshooters are available and inbuilt in your computing device. you have to simply Type “troubleshooter” in the search query box and then select “troubleshooting” which you will see in the main window.
And mentioned Under the option Hardware and sound, select “Use a printer” status.
Follow the prompts and step by step has given a tricky method and let it fix the issues that are promoting any error while using your printer. It also, help you to guide you to resolve other related errors of the printer.
MAC Related Help:
How to Fix HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Offline on MAC
How to Fix Issue HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Offline Error on Mac OS
How to Get HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer Offline to Online on MAC Computers