Xerox B305 Printer Offline – When it comes to printing and photography equipment, Xerox B305 Printer has long been the gold standard. The Xerox B305 printers are capable of producing anything from a standard office document to a large, high-quality poster. The experience with these printers might be ruined, however, by the Xerox B305 printer offline issue, which can cause much frustration for consumers.
What’s wrong with my Xerox B305 Printer?
Has the offline error occurred on your Xerox B305 printer, too? Have no fear.
The solution to this issue is at hand. When did your Xerox B305 printer stop working? The difficulty, however, arises for a variety of causes, including:
- The connection between the printer, computer, and router is broken when wires and USB cables become loose.
- The backlog of print jobs is causing problems and slowing down the system.
- Problems with printing can occur if the printer’s driver is out of date or if it isn’t compatible with the current version of Windows.
- It appears that your Xerox B305 printer is currently offline. The reason is: you’ve switched to offline mode on purpose.
- There have been some minor technical difficulties with your Xerox B305 printer, and you need to reset it or restart it.
- You can’t use your printer because of an SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) alert.
Is there a way to reconnect an offline Xerox B305 printer to the network?
In this section, we will discuss the most effective methods for resolving the offline error with Xerox B305 Printer. Each of these directions must be carried out exactly as written. Once the issue has been fixed, you can stop trying to fix it. It’s not let’s do it.
Step 1: Checking the Ethernet and USB cables
You can use these instructions with either wireless or Ethernet-connected Xerox B305 printers.
- Verify that the Ethernet cable is not damaged in any way by inspecting its individual wires.
- If the Ethernet cable’s connector looks fine, you can reconnect it to the router and the printer.
- At this point, you should reconnect it to your printer and router (Make sure to hear the click sound).
- Verify that the router’s internet lights are blinking in the appropriate sequence.
- Click the WiFi icon in the System Tray to make sure your computer is communicating with your wifi router.
- The Xerox and the computer should be linked to the same network.
- As a final option, you might try switching the Ethernet cable and the USB cable to the new wire to see if that fixes the problem.
Step 2: The Xerox B305 printer’s software can be reset
For software reset, go to the Control Panel of your printer. All temporary files on the network controller and computer will be deleted.
- Get your printer ready to go.
- Let the Control Board’s display lights come on.
- The login/Out button can now be accessed on the side panel.
- System Administrator credentials should be entered if prompted.
- You can check the machine’s status by pressing the corresponding button.
- Choose Troubleshooting from the menu that appears when you tap the Tools button.
- To access resets, go to Features and click Resets.
- Choose the Software Reset option.
- Find the option to “Reset All Software” and click it.
- Your Xerox will soon begin rebooting; in the meantime, you will need to find another printer.
If restarting the printer’s software doesn’t get it working again, try turning it off and then back on the Xerox B305.
Step 3: Turn the Xerox Off and Back On
Clearing the printer’s RAM is a must. Follow these instructions in order, as skipping any of them could cause irreparable harm to your printer or perhaps your hard drive.
Put the Xerox B305 Printer to sleep.
- Make sure nothing is waiting to be printed and then save all papers.
- Now, open the little panel beneath the panel that houses the controls to access the backup power button. The precise location can be found in the printer’s handbook.
- Once you’ve located the offending device, be sure to disable it.
- Let the touchscreen go dark for ten seconds.
- It’s time to access the primary power switch by opening the printer’s side panel.
- Please lock the panel.
After this, the Xerox B305 printer can’t be turned on for at least two minutes.