Among the most common issues is the Hp m428 fdn printer offline, which happens for no apparent reason. As a result, in this article, we’ve discussed the reasons for this issue and how to resolve it. Therefore, if your HP printer continues to go down, just follow the steps in the following section.
Why Is My Hp m428 fdn Printer Displaying an Out of Order Status?
- Ascertain That ‘Use Printer Offline‘ Is Not Selected
- If “Use printer in offline mode” is chosen, the HP wireless printer goes offline.
- As a result, the user must make certain that this option is not chosen.
The procedure for correcting this setting is as follows:
- Choose the start menu and then settings.’
- Then choose ‘devices’ – ‘printers and scanners.
- Now, choose and right-click on your HP printer from the list of printers.
After that, uncheck the option “Use Printer Offline” from the menu.
- Your HP printer will now re-enter the online mode.
- Ascertain that your printer is “Set as default printer” in order to resolve the HP printer offline problem.
If your HP printer continues to be unavailable on Windows 10 or another operating system, do the following troubleshooting actions –
- To begin, click the Windows button and enter ‘Run‘. Now, in the dialogue box, enter ‘Control Panel and click ‘OK’.
- After selecting the ‘Device and Printer‘ option, you will find your HP printer displayed.
- If your printer has a green checkmark, it has already been set as default.’
- If not, right-click on your printer and choose “Set as default printer.”
- Now, your printer will function normally, and the printer offline error will be gone from your HP printer.
Examine Printer Drivers – Delete or Update Obsolete Versions
In the event of an out-of-date or damaged printer driver, HP printers always display an offline error. To update or reinstall a driver on Windows, follow these instructions.
Navigate to the Windows search bar and type “Device Manager” in the search box.
Expand the section labelled ‘Printers’.
Now, in the enlarged area, find the model number of your printer and ‘Right Click’ on it to choose the ‘Update Driver’ option.
Following that, select search automatically’ and wait for your printer’s driver to update. Restart your computer after the procedure is complete.
To reinstall your driver, go to ‘control panel’, click on remove programmes,’ and then delete your current HP printer driver. Following that, download and install your printer’s driver from HP’s website.