When you want to print a document, you sometimes click “Print” and pick your preferred printer, but nothing occurs. hp laser 1001nw offline
Simply follow these easy steps to restore your printer’s status from offline to online.
A typical daily occurrence. You open the printer’s menu and see an “Offline Printer” notification. With a few basic tests and processes, you can quickly and simply bring your printer back online.
Occasionally, while printing. While the device or computer believes the printer is offline, the printer is really turned on and ready to print. hp laser 1001nw offline
This might be due to a communication failure between your device or computer and the printer.
Occasionally, it might be as easy as your cable being incorrectly connected or a simple issue caused by a paper jam.
However, an ” Offline ” printer error may also be caused by issues with your printer driver or software. This might vary depending on the printer’s age or if you’ve updated or not installed updates.
This printer offline to online troubleshooting tool is compatible with a wide variety of printer brands, including Brother, Canon, Epson, and HP.
Also worth:- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdn says Printer Offline
How can I re-enable my offline printer to appear online?
STEPS: Fix Printer Offline To Online
Follow each step to ensure you haven’t overlooked anything necessary to get your printer back online.
- Checks on the printer’s physical condition and cable connections
- Verify that both USB cable ends are securely inserted.
- If the printer is connected to a network, ensure that the Ethernet connection is securely placed.
- If the printer is wireless, verify that it is linked to the internet or that it is connected to the router.
- If you’re utilising a cable connection, try plugging the printer’s end into several ports or sockets on your device.
- Utilize an alternative cable to ascertain that the issue is not with the cable alone.
- If you’re using a network or wireless device, a quick test would be to connect a cable to your computer/device and verify that your printer is functioning properly.
- As a result, the issue may be with your network connection.
Also worth:- HP laserjet pro m402dw issue
How to manually change the printer to “Online” mode
- To begin, click the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen and then choose Control Panel, followed by Devices and Printers.
- Select “See what’s printed” from the context menu of the printer in question.
- Select “Printer” from the menu bar at the top of the window that appears.
- From the drop-down box, choose “Use Printer Online.“
- All Pending Print Jobs Must Be Removed
- From the previously stated “See what’s printing” menu, right-click and “Cancel” any active print jobs.
- Select “Use Printer Online” once again with the print tasks erased.
- If any suborn print jobs persist, restart both your computer and printer.
- Taking Your Printer Apart and Reinstalling It
- Select “Remove device” from the right-click menu of the printer in Devices and Printers.
- Re-add the printer by choosing to Add a Printer from the Devices and Printers menu.
How to Uninstall Printer Drivers and Software
- Ascertain that you are running Windows as an administrator or that you are logged in as one.
- In the search bar, type CMD.
- To open the Print Server Properties window, enter “print /s /t2” on the command prompt, including the spaces.
- Now, uninstall the printer’s driver and package.
- Select Add a Printer from Devices and Printers to re-add your printer.
- Your printer should now be online and ready to print.
- If not, there is a good chance that there is an electronic problem with the printer; further suggestion would be to contact the printer’s maker or a printer professional.
- Always evaluate the cost of repairing a printer mistake; in certain circumstances, it may be more cost-effective to acquire a new printer than to pay for repairs and upkeep.
Worth your time:- HP laserjet Pro m126nw issue
Another method for re-connecting your printer. Take the following steps:
- Try to connect your printer to the Internet.
- To begin, go to “Settings” and then to “Printers.”
- Select “Use Printer Online” from the right-click menu of the printer.
- Check to see whether any print jobs have been created and delete them.
- Double-click on the printer you’ve chosen.
- Select “Cancel All Documents” from the “Printer Menu.”
- If there was a printer jam or task, the printer may have shown an error and gone offline.
- Reprint to get the printer back online.
- To determine if the problem has been addressed, print a test page.
- Locate the printer and toggle it to “printer off,” then toggle it back to “printer on.“
- Examine the printer to see whether it has a jam that might result in an error.
- Verify that all network and wireless connections are operational.
- Restart the gadget or computer if it has been inactive for an extended period of time.
- If this does not resolve the issue, you must reinstall the drivers.
- Reinstalling the drivers is as simple as going to “Settings” then “Printers” and select the printer.
- Select “Properties” from the right-click menu of the printer.
- Look for the driver button under “General” or “Details,” click it, and then pick the driver again.
- Additionally, you may need to download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Install the printer once again.
- Select the printer under “Printers” in the “Settings” menu.
- Delete the printer from the menu and restore it using the wizard “Add a printer.”
- Utilize the most up-to-date printer driver available from the printer manufacturer’s website.
Also consider:- HP Laserjet Pro m128fn issues
If this does not work, try the following basic steps:
- Click “Start,” then “Devices and Printers.”
- Alternatively, put “Devices and Printers” into the open search box.
- Alternatively, enter “Printers” to access the settings menu.
- Right-click the printer icon.
- It may be included in the device’s or printer’s name.
- If in doubt, check your device. Select “View What’s Printing.”
- Alternatively, left-click the printer and choose “Manage Device.”
- In the box that appears, click the “Printer” menu and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in your printer’s print queue will then be printed.