HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Offline
HP 8720 Printer Offline: Hp is known for serving high-tech and advanced printers. But still, the clients frequently face the HP printer offline error. It is quite annoying for the clients to face offline errors especially when they are indulged in some important printing work.
The displayed HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Offline error states that the device is facing a hard time communicating with your HP printer. The problem further expands when the user is unable to turn back the printer online because of no technical knowledge.
Also worth reading Canon printer stopped on Windows 10&11.
The users can refer to this article to gain knowledge on how to resolve HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline problem and implement the troubleshooting steps to turn back their printer online.
Why does my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 go Offline?
There can be numerous answers to the question “Why does my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 go Offline?”. Once the users get to know the main reason behind the offline error, they can easily target the reason and resolve the problem.
We have listed various reasons why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 says offline.
Reason 1: Stuck Printing Jobs
The stuck printing jobs neither get canceled nor deleted and further prevent the HP 8720 printer to receive any other printing commands. This can be one of the reasons why your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 keeps going offline. The users need to clear the printing queue first to avoid any such error and restart the printing session.
Reason 2: Misconfigured Printer Driver
The corrupted or older version of your HP printer driver can cause the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline error. The users shall install the latest and the correct version of their HP printer driver. If already installed on the device, then the printer driver must be updated to the latest version to avoid such errors.
Issue Lenovo printer unavailable. RESOLVE IT NOW.
Reason 3: USB Connection Problem
The lack of USB connectivity due to loose wiring or other wiring issues can be the reason that your printer displays the HP 8720 printer offline error. Therefore, the users shall ensure in the first place that all the
USB cables are connected properly to the HP 8720 and the device.
Reason 4: Default Printer Settings
The incorrect default printer can cause the HP printer to go offline and cause the HP 8720 offline error. The users need to change the printer settings and set their HP 8720 as the default printer.
Note: If you are looking for information and troubleshooting steps to fix your HP 3830 offline error then just tap the link and follow the mentioned steps.
How to get HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Online?
The users can find the root cause behind the HP 8720 Offline error and follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We have mentioned various solutions to the problem. The users just need to follow the steps and hence that will help them bring back their printer online.
Method 1: Set as Default Printer
The users can follow the below-mentioned instructions and henceforth set their HP 8720 as the default printer in the settings:
- Power on the device connected to your HP 8720.
- Navigate to the control panel and choose the Device and printers.
- Find your HP 8720 printer from the list of printers.
- Right-click the active printer and press the “Set as Default” option.
- Now you can try printing anything to check whether the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Latest Printer Driver
The outdated printer drivers are responsible for the HP 8720 printer offline error. The users need to install the latest version of the printer drivers and keep updating them to solve the error.
Also worth your time:- Konica printer connectionless.
Remove the Old Printer Drivers
The following steps can be helpful in removing your old printer driver and packages.
- Firstly, the users shall ensure that they are signed in as an Admin on windows. If not, then sign in as one.
- Open the search bar and type CMD.
- Further, enter the following text “printui /s /t2” (with spaces) in the command prompt to open the Print Server Properties panel.
- Now remove the printer driver and package for the HP 8720 printer.
- Re-add your printer by selecting “Add a printer” from Device and printers.
Re-install the Printer Driver
To re-install the printer driver the users can implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to Settings and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Select and right-click your HP 8720 printer and select the “Properties” option.
- Under the Details or General option look for the driver tab and choose it and select the driver again.
- The users might need to download the driver from the official website of HP.
- Further, re-install the printer by selecting the printer in the Printers option in settings.
- Delete the Printer from the list and re-add it by selecting the Add Printer tab.
Note: Download and install the latest version of your printer driver.
Method 3: Reset the Printer Settings
The users can reset the printer setting which would help them to restore the connection between the device and HP 8720.
- Power off the HP 8720 printer and wait for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer and turn off your device.
- After a few seconds reconnect the power cable to the printer and turn on the printer.
- If your HP 8720 is connected with a wireless connection restart your printer router.
- Turn on the device and try printing anything.
Note: Fix your HP 8710 keeps going offline printer error all by yourself by just clicking the link and following the troubleshooting steps.
Method 4: Remove Pending Printing Jobs
If your device is displaying the HP 8720 printer offline error, then the users must check for the already pending printing jobs. If there are printing jobs that haven’t been printed yet but the commands have been passed then these jobs will not allow the printer to receive further commands.
The users can clear the pending printing queue in the following manner and easily solve the HP 8720 offline issue:
- In the bottom left corner of your screen go to the Start icon and open the Control Panel.
- Select the Devices and Printers tab in the panel.
- Right-click your HP 8720 printer and press “See what’s printing”.
- Further right click and “Cancel” the present printing jobs.
- When the pending printing jobs are cleared then press the “Use Printer Online” tab again.
- If any of the stubborn print jobs are still pending and not getting canceled then the users can try restarting the HP 8720 printer offline and the device.
Method 5: Physical Cable Checking
The users need to check that both the ends of the USB cable are firmly connected. If the HP 8720 printer is networked then the Ethernet Cable is firmly inserted.
If the printer is connected to a wireless connection then check your internet connection or make sure that the router is properly connected.
If the printer is connected with the USB cables then try connecting the other end of the cable to different ports or sockets on the device to overcome the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline issue.
The users can also try changing the USB cables to check that the fault is not in the cable. If you are on a wireless network then you can try connecting your printer to the device using a cord and check if the problem lies with the printer.
Note: Is your HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 showing offline? Click the link and get it back online in a few taps fix the printed offline error.
Troubleshooting Steps for HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Offline Error
These are some basic troubleshooting steps that the users can perform if the above methods are not able to resolve the HP 8720 printer offline problem:
- Turn on the device that is directly connected to your Hp 8720 printer.
- Navigate to the Start menu and choose the Devices and Printers option.
- Select your HP 8720 printer from the list of printers by clicking on the icon.
- Check whether the printer status displays offline. If yes, then click the Offline status and choose the printer option.
- At last, uncheck the Use printer offline option.
- Now your HP 8720 has been turned on and the printing session can be resumed.
- The users can use any of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods to resolve the Hp OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline problem.
Your Samsung printer says offline. Well, worry not. RESOLVE IT NOW
Note: The users shall be clear on the point that the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 offline error can occur in Windows 10, 7, or 8. The users can target the root cause and troubleshoot the Hp 8720 offline error for any of the windows in the same manner.
In the article “How to fix the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Offline Error?” we have stated the various causes that can be responsible for causing the printer offline error. Once the users are aware of the main cause behind the error they can easily resolve the error using the methods.
This article contains various troubleshooting methods which can be implemented by the users to resolve the issue. They just need to follow the step-by-step process mentioned above. We hope that the users must have found the article relevant and were able to resolve the HP 8720 printer offline error.
Does your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 keeps going offline? Open the link and follow the stated troubleshooting solutions to fix the error.